Good morning, and Happy Monday! This week, I'm highlighting the cards we made at my October Stamp Club! Laurie requested the technique of inking the embossing folder, so here's what I came up with:
- Soft Suede: 8 ½” x 5 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”
- Bermuda Bay: 5 3/8” x 4 1/8”; 2 ½” x 4 ¼” (for leaves)
- Very Vanilla: 5 ¼” x 4”; 2 ½” x 4 ¼” (for leaf and sentiment)
- Stamp large leaf in Soft Suede Ink on small piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock. Color in the leaf with the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Pen – this will pull in color, and create a light brown leaf.
- Stamp sentiment in Bermuda Bay ink on the same piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock.
- Using your die cut machine, cut out Leaf using the Gathered Leaves Dies. Also cut out a large leaf and smaller leaf from the small piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock.
- Cut out your sentiment using the Stitched Rectangle Dies.
- For the embossing: Using your sponge brayer, add Soft Suede ink to the “flat” side of the embossing folder (the side with the SU! Logo). Try not to get ink into the “debossed” part. Add your Very Vanilla Cardstock – I find it’s easier to place your cardstock on the side without ink, align it, then close the folder. Run through the die cut machine.
- Assemble you card as shown in the picture. The leaves are adhered using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- For the Clear Droplets—color them with Bermuda Bay Stampin’ Blends, then adhere to card.