Yes, Sale-a-bration is coming!!! The fun starts on January 5th, and lasts through the end of February! This set, Adorable Owls, is one of my favorites!! We’re having a Sale-a-bration Open House on January 7th, from 9am to 11am!! There will be two fun projects for you to make, and free catalogs for all who come! RSVP HERE!!
- Balmy Blue (card base): (2 pieces), 6-1⁄4” x 5-1⁄2” On the long side, score at 1⁄2”, 1”, 5-1⁄4” and 5-3⁄4”
- Basic White CS: 5-1/4” x 4”, Scraps for (3) Owls, scrap to die cut a 2” circle
- Country Gingham DSP: 4” x 5-1⁄4”
- Crumb Cake: Scrapto die cut a scalloped circle2-3/8”
- Burnish the score lines on the (2) Balmy Blue Cardstock pieces like an accordion.
- Adhere the Country Gingham DSP to the Balmy Blue Cardstock layer that will be the back of the card.
- For the front of the card, adhere the Basic White Cardstock to the Balmy Blue Cardstock layer by only adding liquid glue around the outside edges about 1⁄2” on all sides. (Don’t add glue to the center of the cardstock, as it will be cut out.)
- Die cut a 3-1/8” x 4-1⁄2” stitched rectangle in the center of the Balmy Blue / Basic White Cardstock layer. The Basic White Cardstock will cut through completely; however, you may need to remove the Basic White rectangle and then die cut the same area again to fully cut the Balmy Blue stitched rectangle.
- Adhere the front and back Balmy Blue Cardstock layers together on the most outside scored edges.
- Use Basic White Cardstock & die cut with the 2-1⁄8” circle. I cut the Hoot Hoot Stamp Sentiment (this is your choice), if you prefer not to just cover with a stick note, ink & then remove sticky note before stamping Hoot Hoot onto circle. Stamp It’s your day. Use the Crumb Cake scrap & die cut a scalloped circle2-3/8”. Adhere together withMini Stampin’ Dimensionals & place on Country Gingham.
- Stamp the 3 owls on the Basic White cardstock with Memento Black Ink and color with the Crumb Cake Blends. The tummy and face are with Light Crumb Cake and the head and wings/body is with Dark Crumb Cake. The eyes are colored with Light Balmy Blue blends. Adhere 2 owls to the inside as shown layering the dimensionals to give height. The 3rd owl will be on outside lower left corner at angle to ensure fitting into envelope.
- Tie the bow & put in upper corner with Mini Glue Dots.
- Final touch add a Rustic Metallic Adhesive Dot to sentiment
- Stamp Sets – Adorable Owls (160269)
- Card Stock – Balmy Blue (101650); Crumb Cake (120953); Basic White (159276); Country Gingham 6″ X 6″ Designer Series Paper (160388)
- Stamp Pads – Tuxedo Black Mento Ink (132708)
- Misc. – Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack (154882); Balmy Blue Stampin’ Blends Combo Pack (154830); Real Red & Burlap Ribbon Combo Pack (160386); Rustic Metallic Adhesive Dots (159082); Stitched Rectangles Dies (151820); Layering Circles Dies (151770); Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals (144108); Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755); Mini Glue Dots (103683); Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (149653)