- Bumblebee: 8 1/2” x 5 1/2” (card base)
- Mossy Meadow: 4” x 5 ¼”
- Watercolor Paper: 3 ¾” x 5”
- Linen Trim: 6"
- Fold Bumblebee card base in half and adhere Mossy Meadow layer onto top of card base using Stampin’ Seal.
- Run sunflower die and sheet of copy paper through any die-cut machine to create a mask piece to use over sunflower when stamping leaves. Set aside.
- Using black StazOn ink, stamp large sunflower onto Watercolor Paper.
- Using sunflower “mask”, put on top of stamped sunflower lining it up just to the inside edge of the stamped image (if you line it up exactly on the line, there will be a small gap between the leaf and sunflower images). Ink up the large leaf and stamp over the mask. Do this two more times to create three stamped leaves on your project.
- Create a puddle of ink in the Soft Suede ink pad lid by pushing on the bottom of the pad. Add a couple drops of ink refill in the lid if more color is needed. Using Water Pen, color in the center of sunflower. Start lightly ; you can always add more color and shading as desired.
- Color in the sunflower and leaves using the steps in #5. Use Bumblebee ink for the sunflower and Mossy Meadow ink for the leaves. Start in the center of the sunflower and work your way out towards the petal tips. You can leave some white space, too. After you’ve colored the entire sunflower, load your water pen with color directly from the ink refill dots in the lid (to create a darker color) and go back over some of the sunflower petals to create shading. Use care when coloring the leaves so no ink bleeds onto the sunflower itself. Start out with less color and then go back and add some darker shading in the center of the leaves.
- To create ink splotches on the card, create a puddle of ink in the lid of the Early Espresso ink pad, adding a couple of drops of ink refill as desired. Pick up some ink using the middle size water pen and then tap on the lid while holding the water pen over the card. Pick up more ink and water and continue randomly over the card until you’re satisfied.
- Using black StazOn ink, stamp sentiment onto the lower right corner of card.
- Fray the linen trim, tie into a bow and attach to sunflower with two Mini Glue Dots.
- Attach five enamel dots in a random pattern onto sunflower layer and then attach stamped layer to card front using Stampin’ Seal. Use Bone Folder to distress left edges of stamped piece.